Clear, Concise and Precise:
Common Sense Investing
Evidence and experience show that:
- Asset allocation is the biggest driver of long-term returns
- Diversification reduces the risk for a given return target
- High costs reduce returns
- It is important to understand all the risk in a portfolio
- Markets move in cycles, but the ups and downs are exaggerated by investor activity
We, therefore, offer a range of different portfolios that are low cost and well diversified, built from funds that have been rigorously screened and that take tactical decisions to manage / take advantage of medium-term market movements.
TCF Investment bases its investment approach for the MAPS portfolios on the following fundamental evidence-based investment principles:
This leads us to conclude that using long-term asset allocation, making active (but occasional) tactical asset allocation decisions and using predominantly passive (or a select blend of active and passive) underlying funds, that have been rigorously screened is the optimum way to run portfolios.
TCF Investment has a robust control environment: